XIDA Race coilovers
90-05 Mazda MX5 Miata
- Single adjustable Compression & rebound adjustment together, 20 step. Full clockwise is full stiff.
- Length is optimized for 4~5″ pinch weld heights
- Full aluminum monotube construction
- 46mm double digressive piston
- Floating piston internal design
- Adjustable height spring perches
- Torrington thrust bearings
- 120mm stroke front, 103mm rear
- High Pressure nitrogen charged
- Spherical bearing lower mounts
- 2.25″ Eibach or Hyperco springs
- Shock boots
- Total weight with springs and mounts: 8 lbs front, 7 lbs rear (light!)
- Damping sweep for front 1300~450 springs, rear 600~250
- OEM 99-05 Mazda upper mounts
- Dual spring system – Includes Torrington bearings and spring couplers
- Miata/MX5 specific, CNC machined aluminum extended upper spherical bearing mounts
- Coaxial perches included with optional alloy upper mounts
22k/11k (1232/616) Hoosier 225/45 ~ 275/35/15
16k/9k (896/504) Race – Track or autocross focused, 40~100tw race or 200tw UHP
14k/7k (784/392) STS – STS autocross class only
12k/7k (672/392) Sport – For high grip street tires, 200tw. Casual autocross or HPDE
10k/6k (560/336) Touring – Street comfort, not for 200tw or race tires.
About Tender (secondary) springs
Adjusting damping setting
More road racing national championships around the world than any other Miata coilover
The Gen2 Xida are built for us by Tractive Suspension (Netherlands) using Hyperco (USA) springs. The exceptional valving sensitivity produces both incredible grip over any paved surface and exceptional ride quality. Despite the surprising streetability, these are purpose built racing dampers intended for use under the most demanding motorsports environments. NASA PT/TT 5 points
Confused about ordering?
If you are not sure which spring rate package to order for your project, give us a call or email. We’ll get the system matched exactly to your needs.
Questions about servicing and maintaining your Xidas? Check out our Xida Maintenance doc here.
Current Xida – video
2009-2014 Xida video (discontinued)